Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Emojis

Ok, so here is a little secret that no one really knows about me.

I am totally technologically challenged. Other than turning the computer on and clicking on the "start" icon to find microsoft word I literally know nothing. It's A-M-A-Z-I-NG I tell you, that I can even blog, let alone upload pictures and create new posts! I hate getting new phones or other gadgets because it takes me and ENTIRE lifetime to figure out how to get my contacts to show up when I click the phone icon to make a call. I've had my phone for probably over a year now (maybe even longer) and I JUST... JUST!! I tell you!!! figured out that there are more "emojis" than the standard smiley, angry, crying, laughing etc. ones. (oh, and i just also found out that the "smiley face icons" which was what I was calling them are actually called "emojis". AND EVEN THAT I HAPPENED UPON by chance because they are labeled that on my phone menu! YEARS LATER I TEll YA!!)

Anyways, so as I was texting my husband I realized that there were many more options for emojis I could access if I just swiped my finger to the left (...to the left...to the left....had a little Beyonce moment there...gotta love that song!) Anyways, I discovered some cute animal ones and food ones, and ones of different buildings..... (I'm not sure why you would need icons for buildings, but I guess it's just another "techy" thing I don't know!) So in a moment of shock, glee and amazement I started texting my husband.

This is how it went.

me: "Hey did you know there are animal emojis?" 
I then proceeded to text him a bunny, poodle, turtle, mouse, chick hatching from an egg, threw in a goat for some variety... you get the picture right?

asian husband: "Haha. (santa) (jack-o-lantern) baby's favorite"
He was referring to little asian baby's favorite holidays so he texted a santa & jack o lantern emoji.
So I swiped left (to the left...to the left.....) and found food icons and texted hubby emojis of little asian baby's favorite foods.

me: (pizza)(french fries)(shrimp tempura)(ice cream)(cake)(chocolate donut)(lollipop)(chocolate) too bad there are no boobs!
said I, because we all know little asian baby shamelessly still nurses and I shamelessly still allow her to.

asian husband: ( . )( . )

me: nice.


- little asian girl


No comments:

Post a Comment