Monday, November 5, 2012

"coo-kie"

Is the word I heard little asian baby say today as she ran into the kitchen.

...............

uh oh and haha.

Looks like all those cupcakes, cookies, anything containing sugarflourbuttersprinkles...I ate before, during and after pregnancy is finally paying of catching up with me! As many of you know I am a SUGAR-HOLIC!(You can read about my attempt at sugar rehab here.) And as a die hard sweets fan, little asian baby has had many encounters with sweets in her albeit short life.

I have many photos of her like this......

pink berry!
and like this

homemade avocado milkshake pop! 
and her 1st year birthday cake was basically something like this....

Chocolate cake with cherry whipped cream filling and italian meringue frosting!

And when people used to ask me "Has baby had her first sugar yet?" I would just laugh and say either "Hello? Have you met me yet?" or "Psh~ DUH!". So when she FINALLY surprisingly...said "coo-kie" today in a frantic race to the kitchen, all I could do was laugh.

**I would like to add a note here, saying that, although little asian baby has had her fair share of sweets and probably those uber healthy, organic, crunchy mommas would DIE that I fed my baby cake, cookies, ice cream, chocolate chips, cupcakes, popsicles..............BUT I SWEAR I do feed her fresh homemade wholesome healthy food everyday. She LOVES fruit, never has had a jar of store bought baby food or formula. Was and still is breast fed and only gets sweet in minute (that's pronounced MY-NOOT people, not MIN-UT just to be clear) quantities. It's not like I gave her that whole cake. Besides, I had to eat most of it so that little asian baby wouldn't want some....**

So I guess the moral of the story is, well there is no moral.

Kid said cookie.

It was funny and cute.

I also have to add, little asian baby also LOVES mini chocolate chips, and although she NEVER uses the sign language sign for "more" even though she's known how for the past like 3 months she signs "more" frantically after I give her a few chips. It's like she has tourettes. Asian husband calls it "crack" because sometimes asian baby runs to the fridge (where i keep the chips) and tries to open it so she can get to the "stash".

So maybe her next new word will be "cho-co-late" or as we say it in our house "chao-ku-ree" (it's chinese)

Yay.

-little asian girl

No comments:

Post a Comment